This interesting shield-shaped first place pin belonged originally to " E. Fuggle" in 1921 for her life saving capabilities! The front is engraved with "W.L.S.C.", which stands for the Women's Land Service Corps., a field hospital volunteer group during World War One. Also depicted are a rendering of a castle with a lake and a lovely swan. The reverse is inscribed to the first place winner.
Dimensions: 1.2 in L x 1 in. W (3.3 cm L x 2.6 cm W)
Weight: 6.97 grams